Who We Are
Credential Engine is a non-profit whose mission is to map the credential landscape with clear and consistent information, fueling the creation of resources that empower people to find the pathways that are best for them.
We envision a future where millions of people worldwide have access to information about credentials that opens their eyes to the full range of opportunities for learning, advancement, and meaningful careers.
What We Do
Credential Engine provides a suite of web-based services that creates for the first time a Credential Registry to house rich information about all credentials, a common description language to enable credential description, comparison, and navigation, and a Credential Finder tool to search information housed in the Registry. We also encourage and support the creation of third-party tools and platforms that allow people access to this transparent information about credentials so they can make informed decisions.
Credential Engine’s open-source technologies are increasingly recognized to be essential to ensure data interoperability across the web, the value of which is improved transparency, clearer pathways, enhanced navigation and guidance, clearer accountability metrics, and a more efficient marketplace. Credential Engine’s work spans:
- Development, provision, and advancement of essential technologies,
- Provision of general and customized technical support for credential issuers, data consumers, administrators, policymakers, and others,
- Policy advocacy and education at the federal, state, institution, and employer levels about the value and role of credential transparency,
- Collaboration with numerous parallel, related, and complementary initiatives to improve the education, training, employment, and learner data ecosystem.
Credential Engine works with a growing number of states and regions to support their efforts to make essential data about credentials and competencies public, transparent, and linked in order to better serve learners, workers, employers, and others. We partner with national organizations to support the development and implementation of policies that will make credential transparency enduring in states. We also work with a number of national postsecondary education associations that have endorsed credential transparency and our work. And we are exploring opportunities to expand our partnerships internationally.
Why We Do It
Through an increasing array of credentials – such as degrees, licenses, badges, and apprenticeships – job seekers, learners, and workers have more options than ever to help them get ahead. Yet, there has never been an efficient way to collect, search, and compare credentials in a way that can be both universally understood and maintained in a manner that keeps up with the speed of change in the 21st century. With over 1,000,000 confirmed credentials in the U.S. alone and likely millions worldwide, this lack of information in the marketplace contributes to confusion and uninformed decision making.
Credential Engine provides a suite of publishing tools for converting information into valuable data, a Credential Registry, and services for states, systems, applications, and other tools to utilize the Registry data.
- Provide support to Credential Engine, its Staff, Board, and Advisory Groups:
- Manage Credential Engine team calendars and schedule meetings, as requested.
- Act as point person for scheduling Board meetings and Board committee meetings.
- Attend Board meetings and take meeting minutes.
- Coordinate Advisory Group meetings.
- Organize and manage Zoom webinar and webinar registrations.
- Assist when needed in task groups, yearly state convenings, etc.
- When applicable, point person to manage in-person meeting logistics.
- Manage Credential Engine’s general email accounts.
- Manage candidate/applicant search for open positions.
- Point person for onboarding logistics and resources for new employees.
- Assist with ordering office equipment for staff.
- Assist with partnership management.
- Track annual staff reviews.
- Point person for Credential Engine’s Salesforce management and optimization:
- Proactively analyze the organization’s needs that can be addressed through effective use of Salesforce
- Manage and optimize Credential Engine’s use of Salesforce to build out platform functionalities and assist staff in the use of Salesforce
- Ensure that information in Salesforce is kept up to date.
- Create Salesforce reports as needed and keep existing reports up to date.
- Support operational meetings by maintaining and building out Salesforce, managing needed data, and taking meeting notes.
- When needed, assist in project management.
- Willingness to take on tasks that may not fall under the job description.
- Sufficient prior experience and qualifications working with Salesforce.
- Ability to manage tasks across multiple teams.
- Exemplify flexibility, an ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Highly organized with an attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects. The ideal candidate will have some prior project management experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage complex situations and relationships with confidence, confidentiality, and tact.
- An operating style suited to working in a small remote team environment where teamwork, creativity, and flexibility are valued.
- Experience in similar positions, with related responsibilities, is strongly preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Work is performed remotely, generally from home locations, with the same demands as a traditional office environment.
- Visual and auditory acuity for extensive use of various forms of technology.
A competitive package including salary and benefits (holidays, PTO, insurance coverage for health, dental, vision, life and disability, and a retirement plan) is available and is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The expected salary range is $50,000-$65,000.
Credential Engine is based in Washington, DC with most team members located around the country. All staff work remotely. Options for the use of shared-work space are possible.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Operations Coordinator” in the subject line to apply for this position. Priority will be given to applications submitted by August 18, 2023, with all applications due by September 15, 2023. The position will remain open until filled.