- This event has passed.
Indiana App-athon: Credential Data Learn and Build (LaB)
May 14, 2019 @ 8:30 am - May 15, 2019 @ 1:00 pm EDT
Credential Engine, the Indiana Commission for Higher Education, and event partner Learning Tapestry are co-hosting the Indiana App-athon: Credential Data LaB, an event that will bring together technologists, developers, educators, state agency personnel, and others to demonstrate what innovations are possible with open, transparent credential data in Indiana and beyond. Building off Credential Engine’s first Learn and Build Summit, this event will reveal a range of applications and data services that will change how students, workers, employers, youth, veterans, and many others engage with credential data. Indiana higher education institutions have published 3,000+ credentials to the Credential Registry – and these data are available for application developers to use in various tools that help users make sense of the credential marketplace.
Supported by JP Morgan Chase & Co., this event is the second in a series of events across the country that will advance Credential Engine’s open application marketplace and grow the community of developers working with Registry data to build applications and tools. The LaB will engage participants along two tracks: developing applications and publishing data.
See the event agenda here.
Track 1 will support the exploration, prototyping, and building of applications that enable students or other stakeholders to seamlessly navigate Indiana or national data available in the Registry.
Track 2 will accelerate the publishing of rich, transparent credential data to the Credential Registry by helping credential providers identify and understand publishing options.
Leading up to this event, hosts will work with attendees to shape goals and meet participant needs. Event goals include:
- Establish a shared vision of what innovations in Indiana are possible with current and potential Credential Registry data and other existing data sources (i.e. labor market information).
- Prototype and demonstrate applications that serve a variety of Indiana users including distance learners, students, youth, small businesses, and veterans.
- Identify current and future user needs and generate ideas for new applications that can meet those needs.
- Identify potential gaps in the Credential Registry for Indiana data needed to build apps that meet user needs.
- Establish a community of vendors, credentialing bodies, and other strategic partners in Indiana that will continue to collaborate to identify application solutions to meet user needs and accelerate the publishing of credential data to the Registry.
- Identify next steps for supporting and growing the community of practitioners building applications with Indiana data and publishing data to expand the Credential Registry.
Where: VisionLoft, 235 N Delaware Street, Indianapolis, IN
When: Tuesday, May 14 (8:30 am – 4:30 pm, with evening reception) and Wednesday, May 15 (9 am-1 pm)
Audience: Application developers, higher education institutions and training providers, vendors, state agencies, and those interested in better understanding the use and value of the Credential Registry.
Registration: All attendees must register in advance. There is no fee for attending and meals will be provided during the two days. Participants will have an opportunity to apply for a travel scholarship to support travel to the LaB.
Travel Scholarships: Registered participants will have an opportunity to apply for a travel scholarship to support travel to and from the event. Please submit your interest here.
Accommodations: We have secured a block of rooms at the Home2 Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Downtown. To book your room at the group rate of $169/night, you can book your room online or call 317-423-3636 and ask for reservations. Provide the arrival/departure dates of your stay and be sure to mention the group name “Indiana Appathon.” We also have rooms available at the Marriott – at both the Fairfield Inn Indianapolis Downtown (866-704-2648) and the Springhill Suites Indianapolis Downtown (866-704-6116). Visit this link to book your room at one of the Marriott options.