Join the Retail and Hospitality Credentials Initiative
Do you offer credentials in the retail, restaurant, and hospitality sectors?
Highlight your credentials with the Retail and Hospitality Credentials Initiative!
Join this national effort to identify, capture, and publish industry-recognized credentials—from badges to certifications, licenses to degrees, and everything in between—in the retail, hospitality, and restaurant sectors.
Credential Engine, along with the National Retail Federation Foundation, the National Restaurant Association, the American Hotel and Lodging Association, and employer partners invite you to share credential data by publishing to the Credential Registry.
Including your credentials in the Registry will bring clarity to the credential marketplace so that students, job seekers, workers, and employers are empowered to make more informed decisions about credential content, meaning, and value.
The Initiative works with leading industry associations, employers, credential issuers, and other experts to ensure that retail, restaurant, and hospitality credentials can be better searched, differentiated, and understood using a common language. This common language makes it easier for search engines and applications to access and utilize key information about credentials.
Through publishing to the Registry, you will reveal critical information about credentials in the industry, including:
- What occupations they map to,
- Their cost, time to complete, and
- What competencies are included,
- How they connect to other credentials,
- What quality assurance indicators they include,
- And more.
To Get Started:
- Visit: https://credentialengine.org/accounts/
- Create an account by referencing the: Getting Started Guide
- Determine the best publishing method for your organization: Publishing Method Flowchart
- Begin publishing your credentials to the Registry!
- Credential Engine Announces National Retail and Hospitality Credentials Initiative
- Retail, Restaurant, Hospitality Industry One-Pager
- Certification and Licensure Organizations Fact Sheet
- Employer Fact Sheet
To see which credentials are already in the Registry, visit the Credential Finder search tool.
Please contact Emilie Rafal (ERafal@CredentialEngine.org) with any questions about the initiative or publishing credentials to the registry.
If you are an employer interested in joining our Working Group, please email LFaulkner@CredentialEngine.org.