Our State and Regional Partnerships
The data used to inform policy and practice are often insufficient, leading to confusion, duplication, and frustration. There are over one million education and training opportunities in the U.S., and transparency about credentials and their competencies, and efficient data practices, are essential to the key decisions states must make.
With our common data infrastructure —including the Credential Transparency Description Language (CTDL) and Credential Registry—states can provide short and long-term solutions to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing economy.
Our Roadmap to Credential Transparency
We have created a roadmap and resource toolkit to help states and regions navigate the journey to credential transparency and identify where they are in the process. Following this roadmap can help decision-makers put strategies in motion in the following ways:
- Understand the value of credential transparency
- Make the case for it
- Align with existing education and workforce data commitments
- Catalog and publish the credentials offered and sought at local, state, and federal levels
- Turn these data into actionable information
- Build an enduring commitment to credential transparency
The Value of A Partnership
Partnering with Credential Engine opens opportunities for states, such as the following:
- Agencies can use our cloud-based Credential Registry as a clearinghouse of credentials and learning opportunities available, funded, or governed by the state.
- Statewide attainment and equity goals can be supported by credential transparency.
- Data systems and strategies can be better connected within and across states.
We’re working with many states all over the country to integrate their data on credentials with the Credential Registry to create high-demand pathways, describe credentials of value, and produce greater efficiency with a common language and connected data.
Seven state leadership organizations and five workforce, education, and data advocacy/technical assistance experts have come together to build awareness, understanding, and guidance for how state policy can integrate credential transparency into education and workforce development strategies.
Get in Touch
Our team of experts is ready to help you embark your credential transparency journey. Whether you have questions about our technologies, services, or don’t know how to get started, we’re here to assist.