- This event has passed.
Traversing Data Landscapes: CTDL Schema Crosswalks Planning Session
August 22 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am EDT
We invite you to our upcoming CTDL Schema Crosswalks Planning Session, where we will delve into learning about the process of mapping schemas using the Data Ecosystem Schema Mapper Tool (DESM), focusing on data models in areas relevant to the Credential Transparency Description Language (CTDL). We’ll also seek input on next steps for pursuing mapping projects that are aligned to opportunities identified by the CTDL Advisory Group. This collaborative event will take place on August 22nd and will be hosted via Zoom.
Date: August 22nd
Time: 10 am ET (See the World Clock for your time zone)
Duration: 1 hour
Registration Link: Zoom Registration
Who Should Participate? This session is a unique opportunity for two key groups:
- Schema Managers: If you are responsible for managing schemas or data models that intersect with the Credential Transparency Description Language (CTDL), your insights are invaluable. Join to contribute your expertise in fostering interoperability and effective data utilization.
- Learning Ecosystem Professionals: For those seeking crosswalks to bridge the gap between different data models within learn and work ecosystems, this session offers an exceptional chance to gain insights and collaborate with experts in the field.
Why Participate? Engaging in schema crosswalks and mapping offers a multitude of benefits to CTDL ecosystems.
- Avoid Unnecessary Proliferation: Gain a comprehensive understanding of existing data models, reducing redundancy and enabling informed decisions on potential data components reuse.
- Enhance Clarity: Create transparent and clear mappings among relevant data models, fostering improved comprehension and communication.
- Evaluate Expressivity: Assess the level of expressivity of different data models, identifying commonalities and differences in attributes.
- Inform Term Selection: Determine whether new CTDL terms should be based on existing data model namespaces, enhancing consistency and coherence.
- Support Interoperability : Provide essential insights for establishing relationship alignments to terms in other data models, aligning with the CTDL Namespace Policy and boosting data interoperability.
- Enable Transformation: Support the aggregation, repurposing, and transformation of metadata expressed through diverse data models.
- Extend CTDL: Contribute to expanding the CTDL vocabulary by identifying and filling gaps through the addition of new terms, aligning with both current and aspirational use cases.
Your expertise and insights are crucial to the success of the CTDL Schema Crosswalks Planning Session. We encourage all CTDL advisory group members and anyone passionate about enhancing data interoperability to join us for this session.
Thank you for your dedication to advancing the credential transparency ecosystem. We look forward to your active participation and meaningful contributions during this session.