On December 7, 2017, Credential Engine publicly launched tools and platforms to collect, connect, compare, and utilize credential data in a common language. For the first time, a Credential Registry of linked data was made available in the marketplace. In the last year, Credential Engine has made a number of strides and developments. Here’s just a few:
- Credential Engine released its first inventory report and confirmed over 334,000 credentials are active in the U.S. alone. A follow-up report will be completed in 2019, and early revised estimates top 500,000.
- Over 5,200 credentials are now available for search and discovery on the Credential Finder
- Credential Engine is now active in nine states across the country (IN, MI, OH, KS, NJ, MA, ME, RI, NH) as well as the major metro area of Los Angeles
- Credential Engine has been covered in news outlets like Fortune, and in reports by prestigious outlets such as the Council on Foreign Relations
- We launched our first sector-based Retail & Hospitality Initiative and have collected data nearly one hundred of high-value credentials to help the retail, restaurant, and hospitality sectors find and access the talent they need to thrive.
- Credential Engine has traveled spread the word—speaking at nearly 30 conferences in 14 states and 2 international locations!
- We have hosted four application development showcases and featured 12 organizations already thinking of ways to utilize credential data to solve real-world problems.
- We recently released our very first Software Development Kit to give developers the tools they need to get started building applications using the Credential Registry.
- Credential Engine just completed its first Learn and Build Summit, where nearly one hundred guests joined us to discuss even more ways credential data can be part of big-picture solutions.
Credential Engine is proud of all the progress we’ve made this year, and we can’t wait to share with you what’s next in 2019!